GrantGate® comes equipped with an unique custom designed IRS Reports Browser providing instant access to a special online database, built and maintained by IDI Magic Technologies Corporation. This online database contains images of the original official annual information returns, filed by the nonprofit grantors with the IRS. The annual information returns are essential source of information for the grant seeker.
To help grant seekers locate the grant related information in this huge informational resource (over 120,000 pages), the IRS Reports Browser offers a special direct navigation to selected pages and parts in the returns. Once pages are accessed, special hints pop up pointing to specific parts on the pages.
Depending on how much information was reported by the grantors, their IRS returns may include the following information of interest to grant seekers:
- Grantor name, address, and status
- Grant application information
- Grants approved for future payment
- Gifts and grants paid by grantor
- List of grants paid and recipients
- Info about the decision makers
- Assets used to define amount of giving
- Charitable activities
- Contributions received by grantor
- Reported net assets or fund balances
- Specific assistance to individuals